Initiatives for Quality Enhancement
Health care quality
Assume that you are a quality officer who is responsible for one (1) of the state’s largest healthcare organizations. You have been told that the quality of patient care has decreased, and you have been assigned a project that is geared toward increasing quality of care for the patients. Your Chief Executive Officer has requested a six to eight page (6-8) summary of your recommended initiatives.
Write a 6page paper in which you:
1. Analyze three (3) quality initiatives for your organization.
2. Determine the supporting factors that would aid in the reduction of healthcare cost in your organization without reducing quality of care for the patients.
3. Differentiate between quality in a free market healthcare system and in single-payer government system with three (3) examples for each.
4. Specify three (3) common law quality initiatives that are still found in 21st century healthcare organizations.
5. Defend your position on the importance of healthcare quality for your organization. Provide support with at least three (3) examples that illustrate your position.
6. Assemble a plan to protect patient information that complies with all legal requirements
According to Graban (2016), initiatives that are improvement initiatives for the quality of the services that clients can access and the safety of various medical procedures is among the factors that have to be considered in the provision of healthcare. Quality care should increase the likelihood of obtaining some outcomes that are positive. In addition, it has to be consistent with the professional knowledge that is currently available. The paper aims at developing strategies for use in improving the quality pertaining to caring for patients.
Quality initiatives for the organization
Programs that are directed towards improving quality should be adopted (Bloom et al., 2015). The effectiveness that can be expected from such a system would come about depending on the structure that can be implemented in a facility that provides healthcare. In addition, traditional barriers can also be overcome when the necessary infrastructure is put in place. Hence, all the members who work in an area have to be aware of the role that they have to play for the success of the facility…………………………….words 1801