Drugs and Substance Disorders
Abnormal Psychology Assignments
LEARNING ACTIVITY #2: SUBSTANCE USE DISORDERSDISCUSSION
Read Chapter 10 in your Comer textbook.
Prepare to engage in discussion covering the differences between a mild, moderate, or severe substance-use disorder. Please address the following in your discussion:
- Distinguish between a mild, moderate, or severe substance-use disorder.
- Explain what a “drug or substance” is, along with tolerance and withdrawal.
- Explain your thoughts as to usage of substances (self, others).
- Describe a biblical integration on how to respond to individuals with addictive disorders.
LEARNING ACTIVITY #5: MAJOR TREATMENTS DISCUSSION
Review Chapter 10 of your Comer textbook.
Prepare to engage in discussion regarding some of the major treatments of substance use disorders. Please include in your discussion the following:
- Behavioral therapies and biological treatments
- Drug maintenance therapy and sociocultural therapies
- The overall effectiveness of treatment approaches including your thoughts and experiences of the same.
Learning activity 2
Distinguish between a mild, moderate, or severe substance-use disorder.
Substance abuse is a problem that affects millions of people in the world. At times, the abuse of some substances can lead to substance abuse disorders. A substance abuse disorder can be described as a mental illness that is characterized by the impairment of body functions regarding health, social functions and the loss of control over substances. The substance abuse disorders can be classified into three categories, namely, mild, moderate, and severe drug use disorder. Mild substance disorder is characterized by two or less symptoms. Moderate substance disorder is characterized by five or four symptoms of substance use disorder. Severe substance disorder is characterized by six or more symptoms……………………words 730