Barbara schedules a meeting with a core group of clinic managers. The purpose of the meeting is to review the strategic plan and to gather additional feedback from the managers. Barbara is aware of the importance of diversity within the organization. Diversity and inclusion is particularly important because of the population served by UCCO facilities. However, she realizes during the meeting that there may be some issues with diversity and culture. Furthermore, how diversity and culture impact team performance. Several managers made comments regarding distribution of work and employee perspectives based on stereotypes. She also found out that there are many personality conflicts and issues with subordination. Barbara encountered the conflict and degradation comments, first-hand during the meeting.
Visit the Rasmussen online Library and search for a minimum of 3 articles covering diversity and culture and teamwork.
For this project assignment on UCCO complete a minimum of a 3 page report to address management of change with strategic planning and with the following concepts:
- What is the role of executives in the process of change management and strategic planning? How do issues with diversity and culture relate to change management?
- Why is diversity inclusion important? What are the benefits? Specifically address UCCO purpose for diversity.
- Discuss how working with others can help with respect for diversity and respect for diverse perspectives.
- What are the challenges and benefits of employing a diverse workforce?
- What should Barbara’s plan be for encouraging teamwork among a diverse workforce and ensuring that employees make meaningful and valuable contributions to team projects and tasks. Incorporate Barbara’s personal experience with the team of clinic managers
Change management is one of the critical aspects of organizational development and one of those processes that requires the input of all the stakeholders of an organization from owners, managers and other employees. A successful change process will only occur if it is initiated and supported by the top management, and those to be affected by the change are all included in the process. It requires time, effort and careful monitoring and controls. The role of executives includes:
Initiating change process and getting everyone to participate in the process
Educating various stakeholders on the need for change
Getting all the necessary resources to take the organization through the process
Dealing with change resistance
Supporting and facilitating various stakeholders through the change process and the strategic plans
Designing and enforcing evaluation and control mechanisms, including goals of the change process……………………………………words 944