Analyze the main character based on the disorder.
1. Select a film with a known mental disorder from the list below. Please use the APA format for this paper, do not forget to include your cited sources when completing this assignment.
· I, Monster · A Beautiful Mind · Sybil · The Tenant · Dressed to Kill · Raising Cain · Psycho · Fight Club · The Hurricane · Black Swan · Shutter Island · Cruel Intentions · Girl, Interrupted · Sharing the Secret · Center Stage · Love on a Diet · Elephant · The Devil Wears Prada · Thin · The English Patient · The Long Kiss Goodnight · Split · Sleeping with the Enemy · What About Bob? · As Good as It Gets · Matchstick Men · The Aviator · Silver Linings Playbook · Raging Bull · Goodfellas · Firestarter · The Stand · The Secretary · Repulsion · Strange Voices · Benny and Joon · Donnie Darko · Maniac · Gothika
2.Analyze the main character based on the disorder.
3. Now compare it to the description of the diagnosis of the Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders IV (DSM 5).
4. How complete would the diagnosis of disorder apply to the character?
5. What aspects did Hollywood get right–or wrong–about the diagnosis?
6. What are some specific behaviors, shown in specific scenes that illustrate some of the hallmarks of disorder?
7. Have new research and medications have been developed to treat this disorder.
Be sure to give credit for any outside sources used in the APA Format. This assignment should be 5-7 pages long and 4-6 pages of content, double space and the font should be 12-point Times New Roman. Due: Sunday December 6, 2020 If you do not know how to used APA format look at this Website Purdue University Writing Lab and Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) Citation for DSM 5: American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Publishing.
Image preview to analyze the main character based on the disorder.